Greetings BCA Panthers:
- Dr. Margaret Fahringer, Principal
New Parent Community Presentation with Ms. Greenwood- 6:00-7:00 in the cafeteria
3rd Annual Black History IS American History “Free to Be Me” celebration 5:00-6:00 in the cafeteria
- Colder weather is upon us...for now! Please ensure that your child is coming to school dressed appropriately. Sweatpants/athletic joggers are not school approved bottoms.
- Dress code- please ensure that your student is adhering to the dress code. This includes a polo and approved school pants. Also, a BCA PE uniform must be worn. Students will change out of this uniform and back into their polo once their PE class is over. Spirit shirts are only allowed on Fridays.
- Students can be dropped off at 7:45. To ensure our students are safe during arrival and dismissal please make sure that cell phones are not being used, that cars are not changing lanes, and that you adhere to the staff directing the crosswalks and, in the loading, and unloading areas.
- If your child will be absent the entire day, please leave a message on the attendance line as well as fill out the absence notification form located on our website under the families tab. You can pre-date the form for upcoming absences. If your child will be tardy, please do not fill out this form. Tardies require a parent ID and supporting documentation as outlined in the student policies and procedures in order to be marked excused.
- Senior trip to Bok Tower, March 4th, pay on MSB
- Q3 Senior Lunch 3/10
- The Alley trip April 5th- pay on MSB
- Bailey Foundation Scholarship now available! See teams for information regarding this scholarship!
- Grad Bash payment due 3/13.
- Check the Senior Upcoming events post on teams to ensure you have completed everything needed so far!
- November Student, Teacher, and Staff of the Month Trait was FAIRNESS. Congratulations to the following teachers and staff:
MS- Mrs. Suhs
HS- Ms. Vega
Support Staff- Mrs. Porter Perry
Congratulations to the following students of the month:
6- Kendall Reighard
7- Olivia Toledo
8- Jadon Glover
9- Vincent Blevins
10- Morgan Hunt
11- Trinity Knight
12- Nicole DiPasquale
- 7th Graders will have a field study to Skate World to learn about how roller skating is included in the world of STEM! The trip will be on February 25th. Permission slips and money paid on MSB are due February 17th. Extra copies of the field study form are outside room 221
- 8th grade yard sign fee and Completion Ceremony fees are available in MSB until April 15th.
- To ALL 7th graders attending to BCA next School year we will hosting an interest meeting for the Washington DC trip in SPRING 2023, the meeting will be April 19th at 6:30pm in the cafeteria.
- 6th Graders: The student-led Sixth Grade Book Club is at 8:00am on Wednesdays in Ms. DiPasquale’s room. The first book is Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief!
- 11th grade progression meetings began January 12th with Mrs. Vanderbilt through US History class.
- 11th and 12th grade College visits
- University of Tampa Campus Tour, February 17th, $40 on MSB
- University of Florida Campus Tour, February 24th, $60 on MSB
- SAVE THE DATE- Junior and Senior Prom is May 21st
- Music field trip to Disney Saturday, Feb. 26th.
- Ms. Shapiro invites you to join her for SAT PREP every Monday from 3:45-4:30 in rm 133. Session include a brief lesson on topic and practice with sample SAT questions. This prep course is open to all high school students!
- If you are interested in joining the Dungeons and Dragons or Tabletop club please see Ms. Stott for more information!
Yearbook is in need of sports pictures please send any pictures of your student playing school sports to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!